Shell, Rockstart, YES!Delft and Get in the Ring believe a meaningful energy transition can only be realized with breakthrough innovation and integrated technologies that are effective, scalable and profitable.
To make the fourth edition of the New Energy Challenge even more impactful, this edition has two distinct tracks: a track for start-ups (Seed phase) and a track for scale-ups (Series A). In doing so, the challenge will offer companies with different levels of maturity business value that suits their specific needs.
- Track One offers early-stage start-ups an intensive programme designed by YES!Delft for finalists to validate their business plans and exchange ideas with coaches and experts. The winning finalist receives at least €100,000 towards a proof of concept within the Shell GameChanger programme, giving them a quick and cost-effective way to test the technical and commercial viability of their solution.
- Track Two is all about the retail station of the future. The track offers the opportunity to design a pilot, as well as the opportunity to engage with experts from Rockstart. The winner will further develop the pilot together with Shell’s Retail business, ultimately launching it at a Shell retail site!
Additionally, the New Energy Challenge generates new partnerships and enables the exchange of knowledge and expertise, offering multiple paths to benefit start-ups and scale-ups:
- Access to Shell’s extensive network as well as coaching and advice from experts.
- Tailored mentoring and training by the experts of Rockstart and YES!Delft.
- The chance to pitch in front of the Shell Ventures and Shell GameChanger investment committee.
The New Energy Challenge is open to European and Israeli start-ups and scale-ups with innovative technologies and solutions for the energy transition. Deadline for completed entries is 24 May 2019.