Innovate the sports fields in Rotterdam and win a pilot with Sportbedrijf Rotterdam.
On behalf of the municipality of Rotterdam, the Rotterdam Sports Company is responsible for the maintenance and commissioning of the outdoor fields in Rotterdam. These fields are located on almost 100 sports complexes. These include football fields, hockey fields, tennis courts, korfball courts, athletics courts, etc. The Sportbedrijf rents out these outdoor complexes to sports clubs that use all the available sports fields on that complex.
Therefore, Sportbedrijf Rotterdam is challenging startups to use innovative solutions and make the sports fields more interactive!
I Track – Sports fields of the future
Startups with innovations that can be used on the sports fields without altering the facilities can apply for the challenge.
- This track is open also for startups that don’t have yet a product, but its prototype is close to launching. The aim of the track is to make the outdoor sports fields more attractive for a general audience.
- The startups selected for this track will join on the 27th of November for a full day of training with YES!Delft experts focused on Validation. They will work their ideas and hone down their focus
on the sports fields.
- The winner will roll out their solution in 2020 on a sports field.
Additional Criteria to consider for the proposed solution:
- The innovation contributes to a more multifunctional use of the sports fields and therefore to a better rentability;
- It must be possible to implement the innovation in both existing and new fields;
- The fields remain suitable for training and formal competitions;
- All kinds of innovations are welcome, especially technological innovations in hardware;
- In possession of a working prototype or to be developed within 6 months;
II Track – Access and Control of sports fields
Startups with proved solutions for access and secured on facilities should apply.
- This track is open only for startups that have already a validated product, a viable solution which they will pitch to the Sportbedrijf Rotterdam.
- The startups selected for this track only join on the 28th of November, the training on pitching in the morning and the event in the afternoon.
- They are expected to roll out the pilot beginning of 2020 for one sports field. If successful, their solution will be implemented on two major sports complexes during the following two years.
Additional Criteria to consider for the proposed solution:
- It should enable remote access control;
- It must be possible to connect access to an online rental system;
- It can only provide access to reserved times (programming visitors);
- It offers the possibility to (automatically) count visitors on arrival;
- It offers the possibility to (automatically) detect visitors without reservations, including notifications;
- It distinguishes with access for club members, visiting clubs for the competition, supporters, other users (such as groups of friends and schools).
WHAT’S MORE IN IT FOR YOU
- Knowledge and training from YES!Delft experts.
- Each track winner gets a pilot with Sportbedrijf Rotterdam to roll out early 2020!
- 5K credit for workshops and masterclasses at YES!Delft
APPLY NOW TO THE CHALLENGE TO WIN A PILOT
- 27th of November, selected startups join a Validation Lab day at YES!Delft where experts will help them shape their ideas and solutions to the challenge of Sportbedrijf Rotterrdam
- in the morning of the 28th of November, all startups received a Pitch Workshop from YES!Delft, getting prepared for the big event
- afternoon of the 28th of November, the selected startups will pitch in front of the jury and audience, coming up that the winners to be awarded
ABOUT SPORTBEDRIJF ROTTERDAM
Sportbedrijf Rotterdam operates, maintains and support ssports locations throughout the city. From gyms and sports halls to athletics tracks, hockey fields, football fields and more. They ensure that they get everything the facilities need, so that they accommodate the needs of athletes and associations. In this way , Sportbedrijf Rotterdam ensures that every Rotterdam resident always lives close to a good, clean and safe sports location.
Join the City of the Future Challenge on Parking Pressure Data Challenge to win a paid pilot with the municipalities of The Hague and Leidschendam-Voorburg!
YES!Delft, Molengraaffsingel 12, 2629 JD Delft
A startup programme on societal challenges
In recent years, the MRDH has successfully collaborated with YES!Delft. In 2019 the MRDH started a new program with YES!Delft. The aim is to link the societal challenges of the 23 municipalities to the innovative technological solutions from startups. The municipalities act as the requesting party. This means that they are involved during the process from formulation of challenge to development and testing of new technologies in practice.
Parking Pressure Data Challenge
The first challenge is the Parking Pressure Data Challenge and is a request of the cities The Hague and Leidschendam-Voorburg.
The challenge is to map the parking pressure for (problem areas within) different municipalities, where parking pressure consists of two components: parking capacity and current occupancy. Municipalities distinguish between occupation in different periods: morning / afternoon / evening / night.
Existing solutions are too inaccurate, too expensive or not scalable enough.
The solution must be AVG proof
Startups can also supply 1 of the 2 facets (capacity or occupation). Occupancy has priority over capacity. Being able to see the occupation in real time is not a requirement, but very desirable.
What you win
The winning startup(s) can have a pilot with one or both of the municipalities!
APPLY TO THE PARKING PRESSURE CHALLENGE AND WIN A PAID PILOT
The Metropolitan Region Rotterdam The Hague (MRDH) is an urban metropolis comprising 23 municipalities, a population of 2.3 million and employment for 1.2 million. 13.5% of Dutch people work here, representing 15% of the Gross National Product. A major economic centre of the Netherlands. Every town and village has an identity of its own but partnerships are forged to strengthen the region’s economy.
JOIN THIS CHALLENGE! APPLY NOW!