ARE YOU READY TO BUILD TOMORROW’S LEADING FIRMS? YES!Delft is hiring a Startup Scout! (1,0 FTE)
YES!Delft – Building Tomorrow’s Leading Firms
YES!Delft is the startup incubator that supports entrepreneurs in building and growing technology companies in the Netherlands. Over the last 13 years YES!Delft has become one of the leading incubators in the world. YES!Delft offers distinctive services to graduates, scientists, engineers, professionals and corporates in their start-up journey. Our services turn promising technology ideas into solid startups and help them grow into successful companies. Entrepreneurs get access to mentors, experts, investors and corporate partners who share their know-how and experience. Basically, we support entrepreneurs and connect them to the world!
You, your purpose & the ideal outcome
Your purpose is to get the best tech entrepreneurs of the country (and Europe) to YES!Delft. You basically headhunt tech entrepreneurs. You constantly look for new and efficient lead generation tactics and strategies to find promising founders, technologies, teams, and startups. We expect a data-driven and structured work approach. Together with our marketing team you explore and test on and offline channels to see which scouting tactics help you achieve your goal. With the campus of the Delft University of Technology nearby, you identify our most important sources of contact and professors within the TU Delft, Dutch field labs and other technical universities in the Netherlands, in order to secure a close relationship and collaboration. You inspire tech-minded people to explore the world of entrepreneurship. You keep in close contact with our student board, as students are the next generation of entrepreneurs! You will also be working on screening & selection of the teams for our corporate programs and challenges. Most important: You are the first point of contact for tech startups, you represent YES!Delft and explain our purpose, and our services to entrepreneurs. The ideal outcome would be a database containing high-quality startups which converts to high-quality applications consisting of enthusiastic & committed teams for our incubator and our services.
- You’re a hustler and highly energetic. You define your target, a strategy, potential tactics and go at it full-speed.
- You are able to check if a tech startup has potential (from a business, a technical, but most important from a team perspective).
- You are data-driven, you have the ability to work with large databases, structure them and get the right insights.
- You are solution-oriented, proactive, flexible and a real team player.
- You work structured, organized, well-planned, and you master Microsoft Office suite.
- You understand online and offline marketing, especially lead generation tactics and tools.
- You also understand the world of recruitment, HR and startup funding.
- You are able to make fast connections and introductions.
- You can level with people who have technical ideas and you are able to understand difficult high-tech ideas and concepts (from Artificial Intelligence to Robotics, Aviation and more).
- You have a completed WO education (for example in the direction of HR, psychology, commercial business, or tech) or have obtained this level through work experience.
- In addition, you have at least five years of relevant work experience.
- You are experienced with dealing with startups (either by working at a startup, founding a startup, or from a VC or corporate perspective)
- Fluent in both spoken and written Dutch and English.
We offer you
A world-class incubator: An inspiring startup environment where you have the opportunity to develop yourself in a unique way and where you are able to implement your ideas and improve our services wherever you see fit. You will work with a diverse, driven and ambitious team that goes above and beyond to support startups and builds a thriving ecosystem, day-in-day-out. YES!Delft offers a truly unique opportunity in the Netherlands to contribute, learn and grow in the world of tech-entrepreneurship. Of course, a one-year contract, laptop, and mobile phone are a given. Two electric BMWs which you can use for client visits, a Swapfiets for visits within Delft, and vrimibos on location are a bonus.
More information and application procedure
We look forward to your application. Please send your application to robertjan[at]yesdelft.nl to the attention of Robert Jan van Vugt before Sep 19th (17:00), 2018. Keep a slot open on 23 or 24 September for the first interviews. For questions please contact Robert Jan van Vugt at robertjan[at]yesdelft.nl.