Are you our new PR coordinator? (1,0 FTE)
As PR coordinator you play an essential role in building YES!Delft’s – and our startups’ – image and brand. How? Read on! ?
THIS IS US
YES!Delft is one of the leading technology incubators in Europe. We help tech entrepreneurs to build and grow leading technology companies. Our startup programs turn promising technology ideas and teams into solid startups and grow them to successful companies. We offer guidance and support to graduates, scientists, engineers and professionals in their startup journey. We have over 12 years of experience and currently have 200+ tech startups in our portfolio. Check out this video to learn about what we do & see our workplace.
Our team and ambitions are growing exponentially and several new projects are lying ahead. That’s why we need you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
► you report to the Marketing Manager and work together with her to create awareness and a positive brand image around YES!Delft
► you develop and execute the brand strategy for new YES!Delft initiatives like InnoCube, our expansion to The Hague and upcoming (international-) startup program collaborations
► you write press releases, and come up with brilliant web copy and blog content
► you manage YES!Delft’s PR/media calendar and make sure the right news items are released at the right time
► you proactively initiate and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, innovation blogs, and other influencers. You know exactly who to contact for which stories
► you make sure that YES!Delft gets mentioned on BNR Newsradio, Sprout and RTL Z
► you are closely connected with the YES!Delft startups so you are always on top of newsworthy developments in the startup community
WHAT YOUR DAY COULD LOOK LIKE
It’s Thursday. It’s an early morning, because at 08.00 am you’ll send out the press release you wrote yesterday about our new batch of YES!Delft startups. After this, you use your creative brain to write a blog about last night’s event (Meet the VC’s), and finish some copy for the website. In between writing, you get several calls from journalists that are interested in the press release – you connect them to the startups. You add the journalists to your PR database, and plan to reconnect with them in 2 weeks. Right before lunch, you sit down with an Artificial Intelligence startup and advise them on how to approach their product launch.
After the teamlunch, you sit down with Kartika (Marketing Manager) to discuss the PR calendar and pitch some new guest blog ideas from partners. Next, you head off to Rotterdam to meet with a content partner to discuss which of your stories will be published in this month’s edition. Finally, you make a last call with Silicon Canals to pitch a content partnership, and then you head home.
THIS IS YOU
- your Dutch is native, and your English is perfect. You’re a natural writer and a grammar lover (+10 points if you spot the grammar mistakes in this text)
- you hold a degree in the Marketing/Communication area – other areas are not a problem if your experience shows you’re a good candidate
- you have two years of experience in writing, PR and influential
- you’re a hustler and proactively reach out to the press to get newsworthy stories published
- you come up with new ideas all the time to add value to the marketing team
- you’re available 40 hrs per week
- you’re energetic and show the ambition to take the marketing team to the next level with your skills
THIS IS YOU @YES!DELFT
- grabbing a once in a lifetime opportunity to work at an innovative startup incubator that’s on the verge of expansion
- be the first new talent to join the growing marketing team (currently 4)
- diving into tons of news worthy tech stories on a daily base. From AI platforms to enable visually impaired people, to rockets to the latest bio-tech innovations.
- benefit from the freedom to come up with new ideas to improve
- growing your skills and network with the help of the YES!Delft ecosystem
1. Apply by sending your CV and motivation (English) to Kartika Sidabutar, Marketing Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Contract proposal
4. Sign & Start November!
For questions contact Kartika Sidabutar, Marketing Manager YES!Delft, via email@example.com or call +31 6 398 809 71.