[CLOSED] Vacancy: Freelance Event Coordinator
ARE YOU READY TO BUILD TOMORROW’S LEADING FIRMS? YES!Delft is hiring a Freelance Event Coordinator!
YES!Delft – Building Tomorrow’s Leading Firms
YES!Delft is the start-up incubator that supports entrepreneurs in building and growing technology companies in the Netherlands. Over the last 14 years YES!Delft has become one of the leading incubators in the world! YES!Delft offers guidance and support to graduates, scientists, engineers and professionals in their start-up journey. Our services turn promising technology ideas into solid start-ups and help them grow into successful companies. Entrepreneurs get access to mentors, experts, investors and corporate partners who share their know-how and experience. Basically we train entrepreneurs and connect them to the world!
What are we looking for?
Are you a highly energetic, starting event organizer that’s looking to grow and make a massive impact in the startup scene? We are looking for someone proactive and creative who’s motivated to coordinate some of the biggest events in the YES!Delft startup community.
As the event coordinator, you will collaborate closely with our Events Manager to make sure that all events are organized smoothly. You make sure that visitors of YES!Delft events get a unique experience every time they enter the building!
Your activities will include (but are definitely not limited to-) brainstorming and executing new event concepts from A to Z, actively involve the YES!Delft startup community in events, keep track of budgeting, planning, administration and last but not least: making sure that our entire community knows about the fantastic events that are coming up.
About our events:
Next to our services (startup programs, funding/recruitment advice, etc) for entrepreneurs, we actively organize big and small scale events to facilitate the connection between our startup ecosystem and our startup founders to accelerate innovation. To get a glimpse of some of our events, go to our YouTube channel and check out some after movies. Examples are: Meet the Startups, the Grand opening of YES!Delft’s second location in The Hague and the Shell Gamechanger Hackweek.
- Available to work full-time on a freelance basis, with the possibility of receiving a year contract;
- 0-2 years of work experience, at minimum a bachelor degree (any major), and looking to grow fast;
- Experience in events is a plus, but most importantly you’re willing to go the extra mile and get the job done;
- High in energy and willing to not only organize but also execute events;
- Strong communicative and organizational skills;
- Strong sense of ownership and determinate;
- Thrives under time pressure;
- Fluent in both spoken and written Dutch and English.
We offer you:
A world-class incubator: an inspiring startup environment where you have the opportunity to develop your network and where you can implement your ideas and improve programs wherever you see fit. You will work with a driven and ambitious team that goes above and beyond to support startups and builds a thriving ecosystem: day in, day out. YES!Delft offers a truly unique opportunity to contribute, learn and grow in the world of tech entrepreneurship.
The application process:
1) Apply before February 14th. Please send your Resume and Motivation letter to Pablo@yesdelft.nl to the attention of Pablo Benéitez.
2) Round one: Interview with Pablo Benéitez (Event Manager) & Natasja Marchese (Project Manager)
3) Round two: Interview with Robert Jan van Vugt (Operational Director)
4) Round three: Practical assessment