YES!Delft is hiring a Managing Director (1FTE)
YES!Delft – “Building Tomorrow’s Leading Firms”
YES!Delft is a startup incubator that supports entrepreneurs in building and growing technology companies in the Netherlands. Over the last 17 years YES!Delft has become one of the leading tech incubators in Europe and an important player in the Delft and regional entrepreneurial ecosystem. YES!Delft offers guidance and support to graduates, scientists, engineers and professionals in their entrepreneurial journey. Our services turn promising tech-ideas into solid startups and help them grow into successful companies.
YES!Delft offers a Validation and Acceleration program in which entrepreneurs get access to mentors, experts, investors and corporate partners who share their know-how and experience. Startups become part of the YES!Delft ecosystem after entering the Accelerator program, giving them access to services with regard to funding, attracting talent, finding co-founders and the vibrant YES!Delft community with networking events, peer-to-peer learning and access to facilities.
Our main focus areas are: Robotics, Social Tech, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Deep Tech, Aviation, CleanTech, Climate Tech and MedTech.
We support over 200 start-up entrepreneurs who build complex products (both hardware and digital) in challenging markets, often within a run-up time, long development trajectories and expensive prototyping involved. We take zero equity as we are a non-profit organization.
YES!Delft is run by a team of over 25 dedicated employees. The YES!Delft headquarters is located on the Campus of the TU Delft. We have two other locations in the region, YES!Delft The Hague and YES!Delft Rotterdam (part of the Erasmus Enterprise community). This way, we can build a regional presence and build connections with organizations, partners, students etc. in the region. The Hague focuses mostly on Gov Tech, and Rotterdam on Climate Tech and Health Tech.
We are looking for a Managing Director who employs the talents of the YES!Delft team to further build and execute the strategy by helping start-ups/spinouts grow into successful companies in the region and stimulating entrepreneurship and technology among students and companies. The Managing Director will enable YES!Delft to thrive by effectively managing the organisation and its diverse team in three locations and by securing sufficient funds to provide its services.
Key areas for this role
- Participating in developing the YES!Delft strategy and responsible for the realization of this strategy in the coming 3 years.
- Being a thought leader of entrepreneurship & innovation and the voice that shares the YES!Delft vision externally (regional, national & international).
- Manage stakeholder relationships within the universities, municipalities and corporate partners.
We are looking for someone who represents entrepreneurship and innovation. A people manager who enables the talents of the team to develop further YES!Delft and interact pro-actively with its shareholders TU Delft, Municipality of Delft and Erasmus University.
- Experience as an entrepreneur or familiarity with entrepreneurship as well as experience in a public context.
- Experience in guiding and coaching entrepreneurs/companies.
- Experience in attracting partners and obtaining sufficient funds to secure a 3 million budget that is needed to provide the services by YES!Delft.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven management experience/people manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a public and commercial context.
- Commitment: a minimum of 3-year commitment for this position.
- Representation: ability to represent YES!Delft in front of different audiences.
- Thought leadership: sharp vision on entrepreneurship, innovation and YES!Delft’s (regional) role and position. Ability to share the YES!Delft vision and build the reputation of YES!Delft .
- Relationships: a well-developed network and ability to build and strengthen relationships in a complex stakeholder environment (start-ups, corporates & government). Ability to connect new partners for YES!Delft.
- Language: have an excellent command of Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- Passion: driven and energetic personality, demonstrable affinity with the start-up scene, technology & innovation.
Salary indication: €5.784 – €7.362,- monthly based on a 40-hour workweek on an employment contract.
Application procedure and more information
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 4th, 2023 with subject “Application Managing Director YES!Delft” in the subject. Interviews (first round) will be held in mid-January 2023. You can address your questions about the job opening to Marjolijn Schouw (HR), by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or call +31(0)15 278 9655. More information about YES!Delft can be found on our website: www.yesdelft.com.