We are looking for an Investment Intern
YES!Delft – Building Tomorrow’s Leading Firms
We are a start-up incubator that supports entrepreneurs in building and growing technology companies. Over the last 13 years, YES!Delft has become one of the leading tech incubators in Europe. YES!Delft offers guidance and support to graduates, scientists, engineers and professionals in their start-up journey. Our programs turn promising technology ideas into solid start-ups and help them grow to successful companies. Entrepreneurs get access to mentors, experts, investors and corporate partners who share their know-how and experience.
You will be working in collaboration with the Investment Director and senior team members. You’ll assist in reaching a number of objectives:
A. Optimizing the financial infrastructure of YES!Delft. Both in relation to external (investors and strategic partners) as well as internal parties (the portfolio of current and former YES!Delft start- and scale-ups). You will also be involved in the initiative to structure a proprietary YES!Delft investment instrument in collaboration with third party investment managers / general partners.
B. Identifying and evaluating startup companies which could be candidates for specific investment companies. You will also provide support to on investment transactions and portfolio management matters.
You will report to the Investment Director (ID) of YES!Delft. The specific responsibilities for this position (in principle in cooperation with the ID) are as follows:
- Optimize, complete and curate the investor database of YES!Delft by researching and assessing the investor landscape in the NL, Europa and abroad (Asia/US where necessary and/or meaningful).
- Assist in building and curating the verified Angel network of YES!Delft of informal investors.
- Research and structure the operational and legal framework for a proprietary YES!Delft investment fund including fund raising.
- Optimize the YES!Delft company database and analyze the performance of the YES!Delft companies.
- Support Marketing and PR activities including event organizations.
- Identify candidates for acceleration/investment by building a network within the local startup ecosystem, attending events, following up on leads from other members of the YES!Delft ecosystem.
- Screen/validate candidates by reviewing competitive technologies, products or services being pursued by other companies both in the Netherlands and globally
- Manage and update the database of investment leads (companies) within the YES!Delft portfolio.
- Provide support for YES!Delft companies in the investment process (e.g. due diligence, basic financial analysis, industry and market research).
- Assist YES!Delft companies in obtaining investment, financial or other support from external partners and Government agencies.
Eligibility, desired skill set and personal traits:
- At the Intern level, candidates should be a penultimate year university student or a recent graduate ideally pursuing a major in Finance, Economics/Econometrics, or another business area; or pursuing an Engineering degree with exposure to Finance, Economics/Econometrics or Business through a minor during their bachelor studies or by pursuing a major.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial services and terminology
- Strong interest in VC/PE and startups
- Capability to apply advanced oral and written communication skills to create a positive impression and professional rapport
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- A high degree of initiative and motivation
- Strong attention to detail, quick learner, results driven
- Composure and confidence to manage conflicting priorities
This position is the ideal starting position for someone who aspires a career in the VC industry. You will receive on the job training, will also closely work together with YES!Delft investor partners and will be able to build an impressive network and skillset in a very short time.
Period: 4-6 months (with strong possibility of extension or firm position)
Hours: to be discussed, with a minimum of 20 hours
Deadline for application: May 2, 2018.
Starting date: to be discussed