ARE YOU OUR NEW STARTUP SCOUT? (1,0 FTE)
As startup scout you go out into the field to find and attract the best tech startups for our startup programs. You explore and test existing and new channels/strategies (online and offline) to get in touch with tech entrepreneurs. You explain tech startups how we can help them validate, grow, evolve, connect with partners and scale their companies. This role is a vital part for the success of the leading tech incubator in Europe! ?
THIS IS US
YES!Delft is one of the leading technology incubators in Europe. We help tech entrepreneurs to build and grow leading technology companies. Our startup programs turn promising technology ideas and teams into solid startups and grow them to successful companies. We offer guidance and support to graduates, scientists, engineers and professionals in their startup journey. We have over 12 years of experience and currently have 200+ tech startups in our portfolio. Check out this video to learn about what we do & see our awesome workplace.
We are growing and running more and more startup programs. That’s why we need you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
► you report to the Marketing Manager and work together with the marketing team to headhunt tech entrepreneurs
► being the main first point of F2F contact for tech startups, you represent YES!Delft and explain our programs, our vision and mission to entrepreneurs
► You identify our most important sources of contact and professors within the TU Delft and Dutch field labs, in order to secure a close relationship and collaboration
► You constantly look for new, efficient tactics and strategies to find promising founders, technologies, teams and startups. You explore and test online & offline channels to see which scouting tactics help you achieve your goal
► screening: you are responsible for the pipeline of YES!Delft and on a daily basis follow-up with potential teams & do face-to-face or online intakes
► Selection: Together with the Programs team you facilitate the process of selecting the best and brightest minds for our programs
► Data driven: your work approach is data driven. In finding the best tech entrepreneurs, you work with numbers, conversion rates and metrics
THIS IS YOU
- You’re a hustler and highly energetic. You define your target, a strategy, potential tactics and go at it full-speed
- We don’t really care about your background as long as you are willing to go at 120km/hrs and get the job done. Having studied at the TU Delft is a pre
- Technical knowledge: you can level with people who have technical ideas and are able to understand difficult high-tech ideas and concepts (from Artificial Intelligence to Robotics to Aviation)
- More importantly: you’re a natural communicator and speak startup/founder language. You communicate and connect easily with people on all levels
- You have 3+ years of experience in the startup scene
- You have experience in recruitment, talent scouting, business development, sales or (growth)marketing
- Marketing: you have basic knowledge of marketing/communication tactics and are able to utilize the right online & offline touchpoints, channels and events to reach tech ideas, founders and startups
- Experienced with CRM/pipeline management
- Fluent in English and Dutch
What we offer you
Being actively involved in the development of dozens of inspiring, disruptive innovations and work with smart, ambitious and successful entrepreneurs. An inspiring startup environment where you have the opportunity to develop yourself and implement your ideas. You will work with a driven and ambitious team that goes above and beyond to support startups and builds a thriving eco-system, day-in-day-out. YES!Delft offers a unique opportunity to contribute, learn and grow in the world of entrepreneurship.
About the YES!Delft programs: Validation Lab & Accelerator Program
The two main programs for which you will scout tech start-ups are Validation Lab & the Accelerator Program:
Validation Lab is YES!Delft’s 3-month pressure cooker for people with the ambition to start a tech company. The goal of Validation Lab is to find the right product/market fit through very structured customer validation. During Validation Lab you use proven methodologies to test the correctness of your assumptions (e.g. Business Model Generation, Lean Startup and MVP development). Each team will be linked to an experienced entrepreneur that supports them along the way.
The YES!Delft incubation program is a tailor made program focused on getting teams to one million euro in revenue. It’s full time entrepreneurship and company building. During the first two months – the foundation phase – you work on all the basics of your start up, get assessed on your team, market, customer, technology and intellectual property and define milestones to achieve in the months to come. Next to that we offer teams a wide variety of masterclasses from team development and hiring A-players to Growth Hacking and sales tactics.
1. Apply by sending your CV and motivation letter (1 A4 max) in English to Kartika Sidabutar, Marketing Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). DEADLINE: Thursday August 23, 2018
3. Contract proposal
4. Sign & Start September!
For questions contact Kartika Sidabutar, Marketing Manager YES!Delft, via email@example.com.